Pages

3.31.2010

Chunky Monkey

There have been so many changes this month!
Brennan starting rolling over (front to back) in the middle of the month. He's starting to try back to front, but not seriously. He's getting pretty stable sitting up, and can sit for several minutes with the boppy pillow supporting him. He's aware of strangers, and if they get too close when he's not in a good mood, he gets upset. I think it's kinda cute, but it's not really that good, since he is getting upset sometimes when I am not around. Not good when I have to work! Luckily I usually work when his dad is home, and Brennan adores his daddy! Brennan is getting really good at grabbing things and getting them into his mouth. He's getting to be more fun to play with! We've been getting outside now that the weather is warm, and while he likes going for walks, Brennan is still not happy about wind and sunshine. By the end of summer he'll be over it!

Brennan had his NICU follow-up appointment this month and he is doing great! He's right where he should be - he's right in between his corrected and chronological ages. I think he will be caught up in just a few months. At 15.5 pounds, he's now all the way up to the 15% percentile! He definitely had a growth spurt - he gained 3 pounds in about 6 weeks! What a chunk! Since he is doing so well, we started him on solid foods the day after he turned 6 months old. We started with rice cereal, and the looks on his face were priceless! He didn't really hate it, but he kept giving us these looks like, "Mom, there's something weird in my mouth! Why is this happening to me?" In less than a week, he's already learned a lot about eating solids! He knows what a spoon is for and how to get food off of it, and he swallows most of it. It's really cool how fast he's learning. Today he tried bananas, which he seemed to like better than rice cereal. It's really mostly banana-flavored formula of course. In a few days we'll start sweet potatoes!

This morning Brennan had his first fever. I knew when I picked him up from his crib that he was too warm, so I took his temp - 100.2! He had his vaccines yesterday, so luckily he wasn't sick, just reacting to the vaccines. He was still happy, just hot and sleepy - he took a TWO HOUR nap this afternoon! We went to the conservatory at Como with Grandma P and Aunt Laura in the morning, and he did fine after a dose of tylenol. I think he really liked watching all the people walk around.

On March 14, we did a child dedication for B at church. The Lord blessed us with a beautiful baby boy, so we dedicated his life to the Lord and promised to bring him up knowing God and all that entails. Our families came over afterward to celebrate and Brennan loved being the center of attention!

Now I must join the rest of the family in slumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment