Yeah.
Charlie did not get that memo. He seems to enjoy waking up at the buttcrack of dawn (don't name your daughter Dawn, it's just cruel). For awhile, he had Brennan up at 6AM too, and that was awful. So we moved Charlie down to the basement, and within a few days B was back to sleeping in until 7:30. (HA! Never thought I would count 7:30 as sleeping in!) I'm getting slightly more sleep in the AM now, but I really. really wish I could sleep til 7:30 or even 8! For now I've resorted to napping some afternoons. On the days where I don't (like today, inwhich I was occupied with the Great Ant Battle of the Kitchen Sink) then by 8pm I am reduced to an incoherent blob on the couch. Watching Bones. With popcorn. So, Not much in my life is getting done. Although, it is getting better, and my house is cleaner, and I can keep my act together until 9pm most of the time. And unless "snuggling" could also mean "jump on Mama and Daddy", that's not happening either.
But I really need sleep.
In other news. I need to start keeping track of "Things I Thought I'd Never Say, and Then I Became a Parent."
Here are the first few entries:
"Don't feed the cat Cheerios!"
"Don't steamroller your brother!"
"Brennan, that's a brush-teeth, not a brush-wall, brush-fan, or brush-toe. Just your TEETH."
(Yes, we do call a toothbrush a brush-teeth. Get over it.)
"Brennan, you can't take Charlie's eye temperature. Give me that thermometer."
Can't wait to add more!
You are a funny mama! Love you!
ReplyDelete