Pages

2.11.2010

House of Exhaustion

Brennan has decided to completely disregard his schedule, not sleep when he's tired, and not finish his bottles. I think he might be teething! Whatever it is, we are all just. so. tired. I haven't been sleeping well, with low blood sugars making it worse to boot. Poor Ken usually gets up before 6am to go to work, and often doesn't go to sleep til I go to bed at 11. And Brennan...what a silly baby. He's been so weird the last few days. He was chugging along on a perfect schedule, he'd sleep most of the afternoon which was wonderful. Now he's waking up early and taking a nap early, and in the afternoon instead of sleeping, he just wants to be held. He'll be so tired that he can barely keep his eyes open, but if I put him in his bed, he's suddenly wide awake and crying! He'll finally be so exhausted he'll take a short nap, but by bedtime he's too tired to eat enough, and ends up waking up at 2am for a bottle. Not. Fun. I hope he gets over this soon because we're all tired!
Even when B is awake, he's often sleepy, but he has done a few new things this week! Yesterday he finally started to reach out to his toys! He's got a monkey that he likes - it's holding a teething ring and a ring that makes noise. B kept hitting the ring that made noise! At first I thought it was just accidental, but he kept doing it! He also has a soft book that crinkles. I've been showing it to him for about two weeks now, and making him feel it. Yesterday after the monkey toy I pulled it out and he went to town! Both arms were whapping away on the book, and he was so excited!
This evening we got him to play with a rattle! For awhile, I've been putting toys in his hand so he gets used to holding things, feels different textures, etc. Tonight I got out the rattle and after a few tries, I think he got it! It's hard to tell if he really newe what he was doing, or if there just happened to be something in his hand as he was waving it around. But it really seemed like he was playing with it. Ken was playing with him, and B was really having a blast. Ken would wave B's arm around, and then B would do it back, it was so cute. He was having so much fun with his daddy, he didn't want anything to do with me! He even tried to put the rattle in his mouth a few times, but it didn't quite work out. Just when I start to worry about him reaching a milestone, he gets it, like "See mom? I'm just fine." Still working on lifting his head up though - he did do it while lying on my tummy today, so we'll have to try that more often.
I started back at work this weekend - right now I am every other weekend evening shift. I also picked up a shift on Monday. I love working there, but I was exhausted by the end of those three days! My boss said it was nice to see me back where I belonged. That was nice to hear. It's hard leaving Brennan though, and by the time I get home he's already asleep. He's such a sweet little angel. I think it won't be long before my coworkers are sick of hearing about him, ha. What can I say? He's my whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment