Pages

5.25.2010

Kittens cause giggles!

It's been a busy week, with Alyssa and Jaren's ceremony this Sunday and everything leading up to it (including a Twilight-themed 'bachelorette' party!) and then mom's mastectomy yesterday (hi mom!). And Brennan turns eight months old tomorrow! He's now six months corrected. He can sit for several minutes on his own, and even reach out for things, wiggle, and play without tipping over. He can move around a little bit on the floor by pushing himself on his back and rolling. He'll be crawling soon now that he knows he can get places on his own! I've been showing him what to do by moving his arms and legs, and when he wants to get somewhere he copies those motions but it doesn't get him anywhere yet! I wish I had asked his occupational therapist for tips on helping him learn to crawl, but I know he'll get there soon.
Maizie better watch out when he does learn to crawl, because apparently Brennan LOVES cats - and dogs too! He loves watching her and tries grabbing her whenever she gets close. On Sunday, after Alyssa's wedding, we went to visit Joel and Laura's new tiny kitten. Brennan thought he was hysterical! He just started laughing the best laugh I have ever heard. If Maizie didn't hate other animals so much, we'd have to get a boxful of kittens.
In diabetes news: I got my pump yesterday! It's lime green! Unfortunately I won't be able to start it until the end of June, after vacation. But before then I've got a workbook, manual, and video to go through! There's so much to learn! Luckily, I'm so 'mart. Yeah? No.
I am still trying to (im)patiently figure out what God would like me to do about the orphans. I know one thing - we will not commit to any child until after Brennan turns one. That's clear. We can work on our homestudy in the meantime though! I still feel like Anna is the one for us. Every time I see her picture, I think, there's my girl! But am I just making it up, or is it really God telling me this? And more importantly, how am I going to get Ken to agree to this? Although I think we're making progress :). And (hopefully!) Anna may have a family by September! I guess I'll just have to be *patient*.
Cute things Brennan is doing: 1. Giving kisses 2. Rubbing his eyes when he's tired 3. Lunging for things he wants 4. Making tons of cute noises 5. Rolling around all over his crib 6. Giving me HUGE smiles every morning!

1 comment:

  1. I think each entry should be accompanied by a picture of your "premie prince"!
    Its going to be sooooo hard not to hold him for a month!
    I'll be praying for you guys about the baby issue. :0)

    ReplyDelete