I have been dizzyingly busy lately, and sometimes I feel like a drowned rat. I'm working every shift I can get, and yesterday worked 16 hours (2p-6a). At my job, we're not allowed to go over 40 hours a week, otherwise I would have had over 60 hours this week! But when we counted up my hours, most of my overnights got taken away. Meanwhile, I've been doing paperwork, getting fingerprints done, copying papers, getting birth certificates, and dropping off medical forms to get our application in. It's extensive, and it's JUST the application! We haven't even got to the homestudy yet! We've sent our background checks in and are just about done with the rest of our application. Then we have to do online training, and we have an all-day training at the agency office next week. THEN we can meet with a social worker, fill out more paperwork, spend more money, and officially commit to our little guy! I cannot wait to bring him home!
Brennan is just cruising along - I think he will be crawling by the end of the week! He can get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth, and then he usually goes splat. This weekend he's actually started moving forward a little bit! He's not very coordinated, but he'll move one hand after another, then maybe a knee...til he goes SPLAT again. But then he gets right back up and moves another inch forward! I can't believe my baby is MOBILE. It makes me a little sad, honestly. The baby stage is coming to an end already! Soon my sweet little guy will be a smelly, moody teenager. Yikes.
Anyway, we also started Brennan on finger foods recently. He'll eat watermelon, bananas, and canned pears so far. He HATES white potatoes. he likes jarred baby food peas, but when I made him some frozen ones today, he hated those to! He wouldn't let the spoon near his mouth! I can't imagine they taste that different, so I'm thinking it might be the more lumpy texture. When we give him finger foods it takes a long time for him to chew them up and get them down. He's gotten bananas down pretty good, but whenever you put pieces of anything in his mouth, he makes horrible faces! There's no way he's going to be ready for birthday cake in a month and a half! He does like frozen fruit bars though - a LOT!
Brennan got his first taste of fresh honey this weekend! We harvested over 50 pounds of honey! That's a lot of honey! And it's all from one hive. I helped Ken get the frames out - my job was to brush the bees off - but I couldn't help with the actual harvesting because I had to work all weekend. Now I just get to sit back and enjoy our fresh honey!
No comments:
Post a Comment