... I haven't done that in weeks!
I've been completely busy, run-down, and ragged. I lost it one afternoon and had to take a little nap. It REALLY didn't help that I've had allergies all week, and that it was that oh-so-special time of the month :). But now over and I have two days to relax!
We had a garage sale this weekend, and that's taken up a lot of my time. My aunt and her roomie joined me. All of my stuff was sold as a fundraiser to bring home our little boy who Ken refers to as "LittleKid". So, that's what I'll call him now. We had a poster telling a little about our family and Reece's Rainbow, and a donation bucket. We did ok, but we were a little disappointed at the turnout. We realized that our sale was the same weekend the state fair opened! So we're doing another one in two weeks! We'll do it at my aunts house - she lives by a school, and a lot of the teachers stop by after work!
Brennan has grown up so much in the last two weeks! He's barely a baby any more. That's making this mama sad. I'm so happy he's growing so well, of course. But the last few weeks I've been thinking about his birthday party, which has made me think about when he was born. He was such a tiny little thing, less than four pounds. Now he is a MONSTER! I've been going through all the "I wish I would haves". Like, spent more time with him in the hospital, taken more photos, etc. I know a lot of preemie moms have a hard time with it when their children are born, or when they come home. I think I'm just a little delayed. He's the only little baby I'll ever have, and I will forever miss those days just snuggling with my tiny little man.
ANYWAY- back to Brennan! He's crawling! He started two weeks ago and he got good at it fast. He can crawl over things and with something in his hand. He's gotten good at getting anywhere - pulling himself up, getting back down, going from laying to sitting to crawling to sitting. And even his crawling is cute! Yesterday I walked into his room to get him out of his crib, and he was just standing there looking at me! Standing! In his crib! Just like a big boy. Tonight at my in-laws he found a chair to pull up on. He kept pulling himself up, moving over a few steps, and then purposefully falling and doing it over again! Once he walked all the way around the chair. He also took a step on Wednesday! All morning he had been trying to just take off on his own. I'd stand him up in front of me and he'd try to take a step into me and crash. I was trying to show my mom and he actually took a little step and kept his balance! It's so crazy. He's going to be running all over the place soon! He keeps thinking he can just GO all by himself! I'll stand him up and he'll just start taking off before I've got ahold of him. Sometimes he'll actually take a few steps with my hands loosely in front of his chest, so he's really doing most of the work! My house is not ready for all this mobility! I still need cabinet locks!
Ken and I have submitted our adoption application, finished all our training, and we have our first homestudy appointment next week! After that we should be able to make our commitment to LittleKid! I cannot wait to bring him home. I'm doing everything on our end as fast as I can, but there's a lot that's out of our hands. The woman at the agency who handles our applications said that she was impressed at how fast I got it all done though, so that has to count for something. We're coming, LittleKid!
No comments:
Post a Comment