Pages

10.22.2010

Brennan's stats

Short, chubby, with a big head! That's the way Brennan has been since he was born. Today he was:21lbs 7oz ~ 23%
28.5 in. ~ 8%
Head circumference I don't remember, but it was around the 25%.
So, he's doing pretty good! He's finished his "catch up" growing and now he's growing on his own curve! And, with the possible exception of his eating habits, he's caught up to his peers! Last week he had a fever and wouldn't drink any bottles, and since then he's eating about 8oz a day instead of 25-30. I had planned on feeding him formula until his due date, but I guess he's ready to be done! So we're going to try him on regular milk, like a big boy! 

We had our final homestudy appointment today! Our adoption worker came to our house and it went well. She needs one more piece of information (that she didn't tell me about until this morning, of course!) and then she'll give us our official approval date! I'm happy that we will at least have that part done. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Joshua's country closes to new dossiers in November and will reopen in February. So, we won't be traveling until spring, but there's plenty of paperwork to do in the meantime! Once we have our homestudy in our hands, we'll review it and make sure everything is correct and phrased the right way (so important!), then send it in to get USCIS approval. In the meantime, we'll be gathering all the paperwork needed for our dossier, getting in notarized, approved, apostilled, and ready to send overseas! I'm hoping we will be one of the first families submitted in February. There's only a few (3-4) that get submitted every Thursday. There are many, many families who are leaving soon or are already there, and I'm really happy for them, but it's hard to watch and know my little guy is still waiting! And we all know I am not the most patient person!

Not a whole lot going on here. Just trying to catch up on my multitude of chores and projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment