Pages

10.05.2010

My little big boy

How do people find time to post in their blogs every day?? I keep planning to do it, but it keeps getting bumped down on the priority list. Like this week, I've been sick (still sick!) and I had to work Wednesday - Sunday. I'm lucky I even got the laundry done, let alone blog! Moving on...

I'm a mommy to a one year old!
It's hard to believe, especially since I can still hardly believe that I'm a mom. It's something I wanted so badly, and now here we are. Lying in bed on a Saturday morning with a toddler crawling all over us. Tripping over toys on the floor, climbing over safety gates. Doing anything to make that boy laugh. And soon there will be TWO little boys! I feel like I'm dreaming it all.

It's a little less dreamlike when I have a cranky, tired baby who won't take his nap!

Brennan's birthday party went well! He LOVED the attention, of course. He was not interested in opening his presents, mostly because his cousin was playing with his toy! Ken made a delicious trifle and Brennan loved it! I think it was a little too much for him though. His digestive system is still closer to his corrected age, so all that dairy didn't sit well with him! One of the birthday presents I got him is a shirt that says "Little Brother". Too cute!
Brennan is walking all over the place. He can even turn around and go a different direction! He averages about 6 steps before he falls down, but he can make it all the way across the room. He's also trying it out more, and walking away from furniture. When he's not on carpeted floor, he knows it's slippery, so he won't walk on his own! He likes to stand at the baby gate that's in the kitchen, and when he wants to go somewhere, his little legs walk in place but he won't let go of the gate! Instead of being a nice mommy and helping him out, I just laugh until he figures it out. Now he *carefully* walks along the gate until he gets to the carpet.
Brennan has some weird tastes in toys. Lately his favorite things are socks and empty skittles wrappers. He gets excited when he sees one! If I'm eating skittles (when I'm low) or packing them in my purse/diaper bag, he MUST have one too! Same with socks. Silly boy.

We finally got the good news that all of Ken's background clearances have come back! We were waiting on one from Indiana for awhile. Now there is just one thing that our social worker needs before she can do our final homestuday visit at our house. I am going crazy being very patient.

Brennan and I are going to visit my sister in Missouri this weekend. It's Brennan's first out-of-state trip! Not really sure what I'm going to with a baby in the car for 7 hours, but we'll survive!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you stop everytime he wakes up from his nap to get him out and let him walk a bit. Sunday you could leave when its his bedtime, and he'll sleep all the way home. :)
    Glad to hear things are moving along with the adoption!
    I sometimes can't believe you're a mama, and I'm a grandma! It's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete