Our dossier is on its way!
I dropped it it off last night a few minutes before the store closed. So far, it's gone...a few miles. Lol! It's supposed to arrive on Tuesday though! I thought once I sent it off, I would be done. But this morning I received an email saying that effective immediately, we needed to wire $500 to our facilitators at the same time we sent our dossier! So, tomorrow morning we're off to the bank. There's been a flurry of changes in Littlekid's country's adoption process, and I am hoping and praying that there will be NO MORE changes until after we are safely submitted!
A lot of work and stress went into that pile of paper, especially in the last few weeks. Some documents had to be redone 3 or 4 times, including a last-minute homestudy rewrite. We very nearly didn't get the redone homestudy in time, but our social worker "happened" to find an extra signature sheet. It was an intense day - I was waiting for an email from the SW telling me if I could come get our homestudy, or if we'd have to wait several more days. Brennan and I had to leave in the afternoon, and I still hadn't gotten the email before we left. At 4p I couldn't stand it anymore and I called Ken and had him check my email - and our homestudy was done! We left our friend's house and had the homestudy in hand 30 minutes later! I couldn't believe how everything came together at the last minute. I shouldn't have wasted so much time worrying about it :).
It's nervewracking and relieving to have the dossier gone. Now all I can do is wait *patiently* until we are submitted. Hopefully, prayerfully, it won't be long until I am holding my little boy!
great news!!!
ReplyDeleteCatherine
http://wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com/
What a wonderful feeling!! We, too, are very close to sending it off. Can hardly wait!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I'm Leah and live in Eagan. We just brought home 10 year old Axel. Would love to talk more. Welcome to the RR family! deanleah at comcast dot net
ReplyDeleteGod is answering our prayers Rachel! Praise God for getting all those papers DONE!
ReplyDeleteWonderful, congratulations! Smiling cuz I took a picture of our dossier, too. It is soooo much work and worry getting it together. Praying that your paper baby arrives at its destination safely.
ReplyDeleteJoy,RR
Great news!! Praying for its safe arrival!
ReplyDelete