We have three whole days left before we leave. Just writing that makes me panic a little! Things are getting done very slowly. It's hard to pack my suitcase when there's a little munchkin sitting in it and throwing everything back out! Lol. Today I sent him to my mom's so I could get a few things done, like SHOPPING. My house is a mess because I haven't had the energy to clean it, and Ken has been working long, odd hours - like going to work at 3am and not coming home til dinnertime. Or coming home at 2pm and going back at 4:30, not seen again til 1:30AM! Yikes. Then, I am having pump issues (like blood in my tubing - what the heck??) and asthma issues (which had disappeared but decided that NOW was a good time to flare up!). And Brennan deserves an honorable mention for getting two new teeth! So, we are worn out. It's really hard to believe that we're leaving in a few days - I don't know if we'll make it! Luckily, my awesome family lives nearby and they are helping us out!
Oh, Brennan. He is truly the light of my life. It's so cliche. I know. Is it cliche to say it's cliche? But he really is. It's going to be hard to leave him. He's very clingy to me, and lately it's been getting worse! I know that he'll be fine, and it's for a short time. It's just hard to leave one baby to go get the other!
Brennan is just probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love the little stories he tells - in Brennan-ese, of course! I love his big smile, his goofy smile, his flirtatious smile, and his "Whoa - can I really do that?" smile. I love how he backs up to us to read a story, because he wants to sit in our lap. I love how he likes wearing his shoes, just because. I love how he snuggles, and how he hugs his teddy bear. I love how excited he gets when he sees our cat or the neighbor's dogs. I love watching him run! I love his belly laugh, and the way he says "boo". I love how he says boo to the cat, and how he gets so excited for bathtime that he can't stand still. I love how he'll climb into a basket and lounge for a minute, then climb back out and in again! He's so precious. And I'm going to miss my sidekick.
Brennan signs 23 signs now. Yesterday morning, I was sending an email (bad mommy) and Brennan was in the ball pit. I noticed his mouth was full of something - too full to be a cheerio. I said, "What is in your mouth? What are you eating?" Brennan got a HUGE smile on his face and signed "cracker"! Then he ran into the kitchen and showed me where he got the cracker from! I laughed so hard. It was pretty neat to me that he understood what I was saying, and could correctly answer me using sign. And he was just so darn pleased with himself! It cracked me up for the rest of the day. Brennan's been making other connections like that - like when I accidentally parked the grocery cart next to the cheerios, and he signed cheerios aaaaaaall the way down the aisle! Or when we were in the shoe section, and he looked around and signed shoes! He's still not really talking, which is fine at his age, but yesterday he started saying "boo"! He was hiding from me and saying "ba" until I realized he was trying to say "boo"! Then we had to play "boo" all day! Lol. Sometimes I find him standing against the wall around a corner - he's pretty good at this game! He's making more sounds too - like "vroom" when he sees or hears a car outside, instead of just for his toy cars. I love hearing his new words/sounds but I am going to miss the Brennan-ese when he learns to talk! Sometimes he tells this little story and then he laughs at the end - I think he's telling us a joke! See how I'd have a hard time leaving him? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment