Charlie turned four! I have a four year old! Weird! It was his golden birthday, and we were celebrating his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd birthdays too. We had a big party at our house. Charlie had a great time opening all of his presents! He actually seemed to enjoy all the attention too. Brennan was a little overwhelmed at times and hid in the playroom. He enjoyed all the goodies around though. :) He also had fun helping Charlie open all of his presents! We found out the boys LOVE balloons. And Charlie is actually really good at playing catch with balloons - it's pretty neat.
In other news - we have a surgery date! August 30th at 1pm. It's less than 3 weeks away. I cannot wait to get it over with! Charlie's heart failure symptoms have increased a little - not terribly, but having a kid in heart failure changes the way you go about your day. and sometimes the poor kid is just SO tired. I am trying not to be too nervous about the surgery, so I am focusing on how great it will be when it's over!
We still don't know why Charlie has been having so many fevers. He's had tons and tons of labs, but everything comes back normal. Which is great, but also aggravating, because we can't do anything to fix it. So far the plan is to go ahead with surgery. For the next three weeks, I will be an anti-germ maniac! Charlie CANNOT get sick, because I do not want to postpone surgery! So back off, germs!
Happy Birthday Charlie!
ReplyDeletePlease keep us posted on After the Rainbow about Charlie's surgery so that we can all be praying. So hard to go through that but he'll make it (and you will too!)
Blessings,
Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adopiton Ministry
rachel@reecesrainbow.org
www.reecesrainbow.org