Tomorrow morning is Charlie's heart surgery. We have to be there at 6:30freakingAM and surgery is at 8:30. That's less than 12 hours - gulp! Today he had pre-op, which included an echo, an EKG, labs, a chest xray, and an appointment with the physician's assistant. It was a long day, and Charlie missed his nap, but he still did really good! He's pretty awesome like that!
The CT scan didn't really give us any answers. His lungs looked "junky" - which is common in kids who aren't breathing on their own (intubated). Charlie's lungs looked more junky than typical, but the radiologist thought that's what it was anyway. Also, there was one lymph node in his chest that was slightly enlarged. More "slightly", more non-answers. It could be a clue, but it's probably nothing. All the doctors agree it's best to go ahead with surgery and hope it solves everything. The surgeon will grab the lymph node if he can while he's in there, but he's not going to dig around for it. Lately, Charlie's fevers have been less frequent and not as bad, so maybe whatever it is/was is getting better anyway!
Brennan is spending the night at my parent's house, and I already miss him. It's hard to be away from him when he doesn't understand why, and I'll miss seeing my little sidekick everyday. He'll spend most of the time with my parents, with other family pitching in here and there. And Ken will take him home to sleep at night, for the most part. I feel so bad for him, but luckily he's a pretty easy-going kid who loves his "Gammas" and "Bampas"!
In other news...Charlie now signs "duck"! It's pretty cute. He's up to about 10 signs now. And Brennan knows his colors! He's still working on a few, like brown. But he knows the rainbow plus gold, black, white, and pink. He's really been focused on it and names colors of things he sees all.day.long. He loves to name the colors of cars, which is how he knows "gold". As he says, "mommy car gold"! He's getting better at saying "More ____" instead of generic whining. Yesterday he also said "Where Daddy going?"! Can you tell I love language development? ;)
I REALLY need to go to bed. I'll try and update tomorrow!
Praying for Charlie!
ReplyDelete