Pages

2.25.2011

Nesting

An entire week has gone by since we were submitted. That means we're a week closer to Charlie! We could be travelling in three weeks! Also, !!!!. The families submitted the week before us got their dates yesterday. One of them got the date I really want! Maybe we'll get the same day. :) It's more likely we'll get a date later in March, my guess is between the 15th and the 26th. Those are just random guesses, really, because when it comes to Charlie's country, you just never know. We're always told it's a "moving target" and there's no real rhyme or reason to when people get their dates! I really want the 8th or 9th, and I'm praying hard for it, even though it is very unlikely! I've counted out days in many different ways, and if we get the 8th or 9th, we MIGHT have him home on or before his birthday. Again, this is HIGHLY unlikely, but it's not entirely impossible, so I am holding out hope! Either way, Charlie will never be an orphan on his birthday again. He's got a mama who think birthday boys are a very big deal!

As we get closer to Charlie, I've started nesting. Last night I was cleaning the garage at 11pm! I've got his clothes hanging in the closet, his bed set up in our room. It's really fun, because I never got to the nesting stage with Brennan, since he was so early. Well - I started to, but I was having contractions so often that I couldn't do much anyway. I've got a car seat waiting to go in the car, a double stoller, toys set aside to take with us on the trip. I even have an entire bag of donations already packed! I want to start packing my own suitcase, but I'm restraining myself! :) I'm meeting with someone tomorrow who will teach me a little of Charlie's language, and then we're almost set! It's a bit surreal to be this close. I can't wait to hold that little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment