Background: I wrote this to the RR group, but I wanted it here too, as a reminder to myself. "Masha" is a 4 y.o. girl who is about to be transferred to a horrible institution.
I'm writing this in hopes it will minister to someone the way it did to me :).
I desperately wanted to say "yes" to Masha. You know how some kids just grab you? I knew her name in an instant. We tried. We were shot down. Our agency will not allow us to adopt two unrelated children at the same time (and I could write a whole other post about THAT). I was crushed and my helplessness overwhelmed me. Masha, Alexander, Mila, Anastasia(46) (oh my heart!), Karina (19), Shane, Chelsea... and I can't do a thing. Of course, that's not completely true. But yesterday and today the weight of my helplessness nearly did me in. I tried focusing on getting things ready for Charlie, but it didn't help. Every 7 minutes I checked to see - has a family stepped forward? I was angry. How DARE our agency think it knows what is best for my family. Do they even KNOW what an institution is? God - what are you doing??
Did you know that God has a plan? That Masha is more important to Him than she could ever be to me? Yeah. I forget sometimes. Then tonight I heard a song. I didn't catch who it was by; maybe someone here will know it. The song starts out like this:
"You magnify my helplessness
So I can see your faithfulness"
At first I thought, great, just what I need! My helplessness even more magnified!
Then, it hit me. I am helpless - God is not. God is faithful. Would I see that, do I see that, when I am "helping" myself? When I step in and say, "I've got it, God."? Sometimes, I am not even giving God a chance. I'm impatient and I want to fix it. But I can't. Only One can. In my helplessness, my inability to save the world (ha!), GOD. will. be. FAITHFUL.
God has all those beautiful little children in the palm of His hand. And He is very proud of you for recognizing that He IS faithful, and without Him we can do nothing, but with Him ALL things are possible! I'm proud of you too!
ReplyDelete