Pages

9.30.2011

Brennan is 2!

Two years ago on September 26, my dreams came true and I became a mommy! My little man weighed in at 3lbs 10oz, but now at 2 years old he's nearly 30 pounds! Brennan has come so far, from a baby who didn't know how to breathe or eat on his own to a happy, silly, rambunctious toddler. He is absolutely delightful and I love him to pieces.

Charlie has been a bit of a blog hog lately, so this is for all the Brennan fans out there. :)
Brennan is swiftly moving from babbling all day to speaking English. I admit I'm sad to see the Brennan-ese go, but it's so much fun to hear real words in Brennan's little voice. Some of my favorites - kewkic (music), jujles (noodles), ursles (circles), popple (pineapple), bapples (apples), bapes (grapes), juge (orange), gackgack (backpack), bup (jump), Onsha or Ashon (his aunt Shonna), Bampa and Mehma (Grandpa and Grandma), and the adorable way he says "AhhSOME!" Brennan repeats pretty much everything we say! It's adorable. 

Lately Brennan has been a huge Charlie fan (and vice versa!). He gives Charlie hugs and kisses, and brings him toys and water. But my favorite is the way Brennan loves to entertain Charlie! Brennan will do things that he knows makes Charlie laugh - like running really fast back and forth, or jumping of the step. Brennan watches Charlie's face the whole time, and really gets a kick out of making Charlie laugh. When I'm feeling more ambitious, I might post a series of photos that demonstrates it. :)

Brennan's also into trucks and cars, balls, dirt and water, and playing outside. I think he'd play outside all day if we'd let him. He likes to watch cars go by, and naming what color they are. He knows all the colors, including grey, silver, and gold, thanks to cars! He has a bunch of toy trucks and cars that he'll drive around the playroom for about 20 minutes all by himself. Today I found a car rug (the kind with roads) at a garage sale so now his cars have somewhere to go! Brennan also loves books, and we read 8-10 books before naptime every day. One of them is the "truck book" which has a picture of a different truck on every page. He can "read" this one by himself! It's so cute!

I hope you enjoyed this look into Brennan's life. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel more ambitious soon! I would love to see those pictures!!

    ReplyDelete