We're HOME.
Charlie amazes me. On Friday, he had open heart surgery. On Thursday, he's at home playing in the sandbox.
Just playing, as if his chest had not just been cut open. I can't believe this kid. No one expected him to do this well. Even right after surgery, when he was doing so well, we were prepared for him to go downhill at any moment. I think it was day 3 before we started realizing that this was it - there was not going to be a downhill, there was just going to be awesomeness.
Charlie came home yesterday, on day 5 post-op. I am in complete awe of him. The only new meds he's on are tylenol and an antacid. No heart meds, pressure meds, or blood pressure meds. May I just say, !!!!. I had him wear his Superman shirt home from the hospital. It seemed appropriate. :)
I'm so happy for you and for Charlie! I bet he feels so much better! Love him... so happy he's doing so well!
ReplyDelete